Advanced ICT Tools and Methods for Cyber-Physical Systems and Biomedical Applications
12-14 June 2019, Esztergom, Hungary
In a cyber-physical system (CPS) a physical process is controlled or monitored by computer-based algorithms, tightly integrated with the Internet and its users. The Internet of Things (IoT) provides an extension of Internet connectivity into any kind of objects used today from everyday life to mass production, from intelligent building to smart medical care. In Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) data are collected from a field observed. In biomedical applications the information is gathered from a living body. The most important common characteristic of these applications is that mobile devices are used which have to operate for many years using the same battery, and which can transmit and receive the data collected only via a fragile wireless data communications links.
The workshop will discuss those advanced emerging communications and information processing algorithms which can be used in these applications. Both the theory and practice of latest ICT tools and methods will be considered. The amount of data which has to be processed and transferred in these applications is relatively low but the ultra-low power consumption is a must. Therefore, the conventional tools and methods cannot be used, brand new mathematical tools and technologies are required. The EFOP Workshop is going to survey the state-of-the-art of these emerging ICT methods.
As part of the EU Social Fund supported THEMATIC FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS GROUNDING INNOVATION IN INFORMATICS AND INFOCOMMUNICATIONS (3in) (EFOP-3.6.2-16-2017-00013) project we are organising a new conference.
The conference attendance is limited to 50 participants for whom the registration and food costs are waived.
So, registration is FREE!
- Géza Kolumbán: Cyber-Physical and IoT Systems, Biomedical Applications: Emerging Areas Where Brand New ICT Tools and Algorithms Are Required
Invited Keynote Speakers
- Weikai Xu: Chaotic Modulation for Internet of Things and Underwater Acoustic Communications
- Nikolay Kuznetsov: Hidden and self-excited attractors: localization and dimension characteristics
- Paolo Pietro Arena: The perception-action loop and nonlinear/chaotic dynamics control in bio-inspired robots
- Renat Yuldashev: Stability and chaotic behavior of analog phase locked loop
- Tamás István Krébesz: Why do we need brand new communications technologies in cyber-physical systems?
- Géza Kolumbán
- Anita Bánhidy (administrative contact)
Travel, Accommodation, Registration
Help for accommodation
If you are not a speaker, then the registration and food are covered by our grant, but please arrange your accommodation yourselves.
We recommend the following hotels and apartments (currently negotiating special deal with them):
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us!
The conference will be held in Esztergom, Hungary, you can get here:
- By Plane Arrive at Liszt Ferenc Budapest Airport and take a taxi or minibus to Nyugati Railway Station (see below) Travel info on the airports website: https://www.bud.hu/en/passengers/transport
- By Train from Nyugati Railway Station There are direct trains every hour to Esztergom, and from the Esztergom Railway Station the university is 20 minutes on foot. Schedules and tickets: http://elvira.mav-start.hu/
- By Car The Univerity’s GPS Coordinates: 47.797993, 18.739409 Free Parking is here: 47.799442, 18.738154 (5 minutes from the University)
- Registration opens: 15 April 2019.
- Abstract submission opens: 12 April 2019.
- Deadline for the abstract submission: 5 June 2019.
- On-line registration closed: 5 June 2019.
- Conference starts: 12 June 2019.
- Abstract submitted after 30 May 2019. will be considered as “Late Submissions,” will be evaluated and may be accepted for presentation. However, Late Submissions will not be included in the EFOP Proceedings.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
If you are interested in presenting your results at the EFOP Workshop than please send us a max.one-page long abstract in PDF format. For abstract submissions please fill the word template (abstract_template.docx) export it as a PDF file and send the PDF to to the following adress:
The file name of your PDF submission should include the full name (Addedname_Familyname.pdf) of the first author.
Thanks to an EU grant (European Social Fund, EFOP-3.6.2-16-2017-00013) the registration and lunches are free for 50 selected applicants.
To get the support, please fill out the registration form given below.