From Protein Complexes to Cell-Cell Communication
joint conferences on
From Protein Complexes to Synaptic Connections
Cell Communities, Cellular Interactions
27-29 October 2019, Esztergom, Hungary
Are there common motifs underlying the behaviour of molecular and cellular assemblies? How is the complexity of intercellular communication orchestrated by macromolecular interactions?
These joint workshops aim to address these questions in two tracks dedicated to molecular, neurobiological interactions and cell-cell communications. Our goal is to bring molecular, cellular and structural biologists together and mix then with theoreticians and IT experts to mutually exchange ideas and approaches and to develop new strategies. Special emphasis will be on various modelling aspects, from molecules to cellular communities, as well as to the integration and analysis of large-scale datasets in these fields.
Thanks to the EU Social Fund supported THEMATIC FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS GROUNDING INNOVATION IN INFORMATICS AND INFOCOMMUNICATIONS (3in) (EFOP-3.6.2-16-2017-00013) project, MSc, PhD students and Postdocs who are selected for an oral presentation will get their accommodation and/or travel covered by us.
The conference attendance is limited to 100 participants for whom the registration and food costs are waived.
So, registration is FREE!
- Attila Csikász-Nagy
- Zoltán Gáspári
- Sándor Pongor
- Tamás Hazai (administrative contact)
Accommodation, Navigation and Important Dates
Help for accommodation
-if you are not a speaker –
The registration and food are covered by our grant, but please arrange your accommodation yourselves. We recommend the following hotels and apartments (currently negotiating a special deal with them):
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us!
The conference will be held in Esztergom, Hungary, you can get here:
- By Plane: Arrive at Liszt Ferenc Budapest Airport and take a taxi or minibus to Nyugati (Western) Railway Station. From there we recommend you to take the train to Esztergom (see below).
- By Train: From Nyugati Railway Station There are direct trains two times every hour to Esztergom, and from the Esztergom Railway Station the university is 20 minutes on foot. Schedules and tickets: http://elvira.mav-start.hu/
- By Car: The Univerity’s GPS Coordinates: 47.7979045,18.739026 Free Parking is here: 47.799442, 18.738154 (5 minutes from the University)
- Extended abstract (2-4 pages) for contributed talk application submission deadline: 13th September 2019
- Decision on contributed talks: 20th September 2019
- Poster abstract (1-2 pages) submission deadline: 4th October 2019
- Registration deadline: 18th October 2019 or until the 100 places are filled.
- The conference starts on the 27th October with a lunch and finishes early afternoon on the 29th. Please plan your trip accordingly.